Monday, March 4, 2013

Breathing For Becca

 I like to share about or raise awareness about causes and people in need when I can.  For example when I wrote this post. On our Facebook page I mentioned when another blogger friend was raising funds for an individual in Haiti. (By the way, her goal was met, and now that person can move to a safer community! Awesome how social media works!)

Today I am sharing Becca's story.  She's 9 years old.  She lives on a farm and not only are her parents great people in the agriculture world, her grandparents as well.  I was fortunate to get to know these people over the last 17 years while working at my "off the farm" job.  They are some of the hardest working farmers I know!

I can always remember about when Becca's birthday is because she was born a few days before Milton & I were married. I guess her parent's had a pretty good excuse for not coming to our nupitals! :) I suppose this cute bundle of joy was worth missing a pivotal moment in MY life! Haha!

All kidding aside, Becca has Cystic Fibrosis.  So I want to give you all an opportunity to share in raising funds and awareness for CF research.

Let's help Becca breathe alittle easier, please donate today!

Here's her letter of request & take a look at this cutie pie! I mean really, can you turn her down??? I hope not! Her goal is $1,500!




Hi my name is Rebecca Glahn, 9 year old daughter of Gary & Jamie Glahn.  I have Cystic Fibrosis (CF) and on May 4th my team and I “Breathing for Becca” are going to be walking in Wichita at the Great Strides event to raise money to find a cure for CF. 
You may or may not know that cystic fibrosis is a life-threatening disease that affects the respiratory and digestive systems.  Just two generations ago, most children with CF didn’t live long enough to attend elementary school.  Today, nearly half of people with CF are age 18 or older.  Impressive progress is being made every day.
I would very much appreciate any donation you could make.  This year if you make a donation of $100 or more we will put your name or company name on the back of our shirts.  But any amount will help us fight to find a cure.  Make checks payable to either “Breathing for Becca” or “Cystic Fibrosis Foundation” and you can send it to me at the address below. ( If you would rather mail a check, please email me personally at betweenthesunsets@gmail.com and I will get you further information to mail the check.) We would like to have donations by April 8th (my birthday) so your names can get on our shirt.  If you make a donation of $100 or more please tell us what name you would like us to put on the shirts.
You can also go to www.cff.org/GreatStrides click on find a team and put Breathing for Becca.  You can find out more about CF and you make a donation there too.

I appreciate your taking the time to read my blog today and for those of you that have decided to donate to Becca's team/CF Foundation.  Please feel free to pray for Becca and her family and the CF foundation as well.

Thanks for stopping by!
Julie


UPDATE:
This little gal, she raised over $5500 for Cystic Fibrosis! Isn't that absolutely awesome! One YOUNG person made that difference. One YOUNG person, although she has this very diease, took the challenge and created something fabulous! I'm proud to call her family my friends! Way to go Becca! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!