Sunday, August 24, 2014

Time Flies, Milo has heads, and 1st graders

Since August 4th I have been pretty absent from not only this blog but other things in my life.  I had good reason, honestly I did.  My Dad took ill and I spent almost every day at the hospital with him and the Lord decided it was his time to "take the big ride in the sky" as Dad liked to call it.

So, when I finally had the opportunity to go for my morning walk a couple days ago I seriously was surprised.  As I strolled down the dirt road, and glance around my surroundings I saw that the Milo had heads on them and they were taller than I anticipated they should be.

Had I been so busy that I didn't even notice the Milo heading out and the corn tasseling and being taller than my six year old now? Sometimes we have to just forget the things in our life and focus on the most important aspect.  Since August 4th, that for me was my Dad and spending as much as I could with him.  Organizing things for him and our family, being where I was needed, and now.... well now I have an incredibly messy home office, and my daughter is starting 1st grade this next week.  I'm thankful I got her school supplies early!

My husband spent this past Saturday changing the concaves in the combine to prepare for fall harvest. He continued to do some maintenance on the grain drill too.  The weather here in Kansas has reached 100 degrees daily and humidity is present as usual.  He did not come home smelling like a rose and had worked hard all day!  Our littlest farmer took glasses of water to him to keep him hydrated! :)

This morning before church, he made his way to the field where he plans to sow Alfalfa tomorrow. There was an old gas well in that field and alot of rocks and pieces of concrete left over.  So not to hurt our equipment he did some early morning labor! Just alittle workout for him right? :)























The corn is being irrigated behind our house.  It's so very tall now!


















The chickens are still laying and we had quite the stockpile to sell at church today! It's a good thing folks!  Not much else to report and I hope you all are doing good in your neck of the woods!  I hope when life gets alittle more into a routine I can get back to blogging regularly over here.

Thanks for stopping by!
Julie

3 comments:

  1. Glad the chicks are doing their business again. The corn looks lovely...and I still look at your "Live Traffic Feed" on your sidebar and think that I'm "Canton, Kansas." :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stopping by from the Country Fair Blog Party. I'm very sorry to hear about your Dad + hope you are feeling okay. Hope you have fun + keep busy with the corn, chickens + farm life during this hard time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely post Julie! When things get busy, you can miss the changes that take place around us. Here's to a safe fall harvest!

    Thank you for joining in the Country Fair Blog Party this week. On behalf of all of the co-hosts we would like to offer our condolences to you and your family.
    Laurie - Country Link

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!